I enjoy helping authors sharpen their vision, shape and refine their work to be at its possible best. I am comfortable offering editorial support for any kind of text, but I am most passionate about nonfiction. Having developed strong critical reading and thinking skills throughout the course of my education, I like a challenge, am not shy to tackle highly technical material, and cannot help but fact-check.
See below to get an idea of the kinds of projects I have worked on, and please get in touch to request editorial samples. (To ensure authorial confidentiality and copyright protections, the samples in this section are only accessible by PSU faculty on my graduation committee.)
- Anatomy of a Personal Injury Lawsuit by John F. Romano (ed.), 4th ed. (Trial Guides, 2015)—edited numerous pieces in the anthology
- aspeers 5: American Food Cultures (aspeers, 2012)—co-edited all papers collected in the issue
- aspeers 6: American Memories (aspeers, 2013)—co-edited all papers collected in the issue and oversaw editorial team
- Demographic Research papers (Demographic Research, ongoing)—get to copyedit the occasional research article as part of my current job, also responsible for maintaining and developing house style guide
- Violation: Collected Essays by Sallie Tisdale (Hawthorne Books, 2016)—provided copyediting assistance
- A Series of Small Maneuvers by Eliot Treichel (Ooligan Press, 2015)—developed style sheet and copyedited the last third of the manuscript
- White Matter by Janet Sternburg (Hawthorne Books, 2015)—performed a sample copyedit
- Changing Laws, Saving Lives by Randi McGinn (Trial Guides, 2014)—co-copyedited manuscript
- Untangling the Knot by Carter Sickels (ed.) (Ooligan Press, 2015)—copyedited several pieces in the collection
- freelance edited several theses (undergraduate and graduate level) and papers in the humanities—sample testimonial, 2015: "Your comments were funny, insightful, and understandable—I enjoyed implementing them. Generally, it was the best edit any of my papers has ever received. Thank you!"
- Speaking Out: Women, War, and the Global Economy by Jan Haaken et al. (Ooligan Press, 2014)
- We Belong in History: Writing with William Stafford (Ooligan Press, 2013)